- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Science or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a senior developer.
- 10+ years of prior working experience in delivering production applications; experience with user bases of hundreds of users or more and/or in the financial industry or financial regulating environment a plus.
- Experience with IBM Watson Explorer Foundation Components (Engine and AppBuilder) strongly preferred.
- Experience designing/implementing data warehouses and data marts (star schema, facts tables etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to reverse engineer undocumented and outdated designs, stored procedures, scripts and code.
- Experience with performance tuning and monitoring of the current architecture and daily loads. Recommend changes and improvements as identified and needed.
- Experience consulting with business users to define requirements and estimates.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- General knowledge of search and data analysis applications and use cases.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana a plus.
- Familiarity with the Linux command line environments.
- General understanding of databases, file shares, content management systems (SharePoint), and web crawling.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and deploying enterprise-level applications.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn required technology.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust suitability.
About Acuity, Inc
Acuity Inc. is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.