- Master’s degree and 7+ years data science or data analytics experience a Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years data science or data analytics experience which includes statistics as well as programming
- Strong problem skills
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, create and optimize classifiers, feature selection, model evaluation etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Ability to produce clear and concise documents and diagrams capturing data relationships, storage topologies, system interactions, and operational procedures using MS Visio, MS Excel and MS Word
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on complex data/database projects as a data analyst, data architect, or database engineer
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain government Public Trust/Suitability
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Business Intelligence) or equivalent certification(s) strongly desired
- Unix scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, R, shell), SQL, Java
- Experience with commercial data governance tools
- Knowledge and understanding of various Architectural Frameworks (DoDAF, TOGAF, FEAF, etc.)
- Jupyter, Github, R Studio
- Pandas, Nympy, Matplotlib, Scikit etc.
- Statistics – Good applied statistical skills, including knowledge of statistical tests, distributions, regression, maximum likelihood estimators, etc.
- Machine Learning – good knowledge of machine learning methods like k-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests
- Strong Math Skills (Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra) - understanding the fundamentals of Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra is important as they form the basis of a lot of predictive performance or algorithm optimization techniques
- Data Wrangling – proficiency in handling imperfections in data
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js., Tableau that help to visually encode data
- Excellent Communication Skills – it is incredibly important to describe findings to a technical and non-technical audience
- Strong Software Engineering Background
- Hands-on experience with data science tools
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind and great business sense
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Proven Experience as Data Analyst or Data Scientist
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure Cloud Certification or equivalent
About Acuity Inc:
Acuity is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.