Acuity is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards. We are looking for new talent to add to our growing team and are currently hiring an additional Web Developer.
We are looking for a team player that can serve as a junior to mid-Level Web developer in a SharePoint-based environment. This candidate should have excellent communication skills and be able to interact with the team and client in a friendly/patient manner on a day to day basis. The desired candidate should also have prior experience and understanding of all aspects involved in a SharePoint migration, specifically from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2016. The job location is in Reston, but some telework is allowed upon prior approval. Occasional travel to D.C. may be required, but not more than a few days each month.
The junior to mid- Web Developer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Act as an expert advisor to the customer in all aspects of SharePoint (administration, configuration, best practices, etc.) and be able to recommend solutions to customer’s requirements based on past experience on the subject matter
· Support multiple sets of customer requirements through Scrum and/or Kanban at any given time
· Designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging, and implementing software code, in a fast-paced agile environment
· Working with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, implementation, and architecture of the website
· Assisting team members with the planning, preparation and administration of a SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2016 migration effort
· Must have at least 3 or more years of development and integration experience in SharePoint 2010.
· Strong SharePoint 2010+ troubleshooting skills at the Farm and Tenant level
· Expert with all out of the box SharePoint components including site templates, wiki pages, content types, custom workflows, etc
· Expert level knowledge of InfoPath and/or PowerApps
· Strong working knowledge of navigation and site design (UI/UX)
· Self-starter with excellent communication, facilitation and time management skills
· Must be willing to collaborate with co-workers and share knowledge across team.
· Ability to generate realistic and attainable level of effort (LOE) on a given project and be able to deliver within said LOE
· US Citizenship required and the ability to obtain and maintain DHS suitability
· Bachelor degree in computer science or related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred
· MCSE: Productivity, MCSE: SharePoint, MCSD: SharePoint Apps, or equivalent
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline
· Understanding activities involved for migration to SharePoint 2016 with custom solutions involved
· Experience deploying SharePoint 2013 or 2016 apps
· Experience upgrading InfoPath 2010 forms to 2013
· Strong understanding of or experience with SharePoint governance and administration
· Experience with ServiceNow or comparable service desk solution
· Experience with Visual Studio
· Experience with enterprise Version Management/Control with Git or SVN
· Responsive/mobile design
· Powershell scripting