Acuity, Inc. is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards.
Acuity, Inc. has an opening for a Senior-level Application Developer / Team Lead to join our team supporting a key federal customer. Our team utilizes a range of platforms to assist our clients in meeting their goals including C#, .Net and other object-oriented languages and frameworks, and their application to web-based software.
As a Senior-level Application Developer you are expected to fill a dynamic role, often working on more than one project at a time in various capacities ranging from writing code to web design and interfacing with customers directly to gather requirements or troubleshoot issues. As a successful Lead Developer on the team, you must have significant experience in leading development teams, developing SharePoint features, solution files, sites, managing SharePoint lists, document libraries and files, development of complex serial and parallel workflows, strong understanding of user profiles, security properties and practices within the Microsoft technology stack, and be extremely proficient with KPI’s and Excel services. You must be familiar with industry and Microsoft best practices regarding the use of the Microsoft technology stack and in extending and utilizing 3rd party plug-in and tools for SharePoint. You must have a solid understanding of team-based Scaled Agile approach to delivery, in a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment.
The Senior Application Developer should possess the following experience:
· Bachelors degree in related discipline
· 10+ years of proven software development experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining solutions using the Microsoft technology stack.
· Experience with service-oriented, multi-tier Architecture, and implementation of scalable, high-performing .NET web applications.
· Experience in developing, testing, deploying and maintaining Web Services.
· Knowledge of relational databases, specifically MS SQL Server.
· Practice standard development process leveraging agile methodologies such as SCRUM and TDD, Kanban and Lean.
· Review and analyze business requirements and provide technical feasibility and estimates.
· Create technical documents for software products using Visio, UML, PowerPoint and Office.
· Familiarity with Telerik UI.
· Familiarity with JIRA.
In addition to the above experience they should also possess:
· Team lead skills and experience.
· An object oriented software development background with Visual Basic .Net and C# and ASP.Net.
· Windows Phone and Mobile Device App development will be a plus.
· Great communication skills.
· Must be US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain DHS Suitability.